Unwanted record update when I change view (1 Viewer)

mdpepper1

Local time
Today, 06:13
If I am looking at an existing record in form view and alter some information, then change the view to design view, the record is updated with the changes.

Why is this?

How can I stop this update on view change?

I have investigated the 'on view change' event and have not found anything helpful about blocking these updates.

The reason I want to stop them is so that an accidental typing mistake will not enter the database when the user makes a view change.

spoole

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
Changing the view is not saving the record. The record is saved in real time as you type.

Look into "form validation" to prevent users from typing mistakes or entering incorrect data.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
How are users changing from one view to the other? Your users should not be using the built-in buttons at the bottom to switch between views. If you want to be able to trap it you will need to create your own "Switch to view" button.

The View Change event is for Pivot Chart/Table.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:13
How are users changing from one view to the other...
More important, to my way of thinking, is why are end users being allowed to go into Form Design View? I can't think of anything that entails more danger than this.

Linq ;0)>

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
More important, to my way of thinking, is why are end users being allowed to go into Form Design View? I can't think of anything that entails more danger than this.

Linq ;0)>
Absolutely! Perhaps spoole wanted to allow his/her users switch between views except the Design view. I don't see the need for it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom