update backend split table (1 Viewer)

ponneri

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:08
Hi All,

I have split my application into back end (tables) and front end (forms/queries/reports) successfully over the network. It's working perfectly.

Now, I need to add or rather import an excel sheet into the backend as a table. How do I do it ?

And how to refresh the links from the front end ? ( I will use the new table along with some old tables in the back end for some queries and reports):confused:

Please help.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
Open the backend database and import the Excel sheet (menu External Data>Excel). Verify the name of the table and datatype of the the new table's columns. If the new table does not have a primaryt key, add one.

In the fronend, import the new table (menu External Data>Access).

If you have multiple frontends or multiple users with multiple datbases, that's another issue.

Use Google to search for "VBA code to refresh backend tables." If they're not linked initially, use the Access menu to import and select the desired tables. The Access Menu leads you through the steps of selecting the backend and the tables in the backend.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:38
I think Ilkhoutx meant "link" the new table in the FE.

Whenever you make a change to the FE, you need to distribute a new copy to each user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom