Update Command Error (1 Viewer)

balvinder

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:02
Hi,

I'am using below update command to update existing record on the basis of primary key (Instrument_Number) but getting below error
"Syntax Error (Missing Operator).

Can anyone help me to find out the error.

DoCmd.RunSQL "Update Telecalling_database set Calling_end_Date_time = " & Me.timer1.Value & ", Paid_Unpaid_Status = " & Me.Paid_unpaid_status.Value & ", No_of_Premium_Required = " & Me.No_of_Prem_required.Value & ", Calling_Code= " & Me.Calling_code.Value & ", Customer_comments= " & Me.Customer_comments.Value & ", GO_CODE_Ingenium= " & Me.GO_Code.Value & ", Modal_Premium= " & Me.Modal_premium.Value & ", Policy_Paid_To_Date= " & Me.Policy_paid_to_date.Value & ",MFYP_FRYP= " & Me.MFYP_FRYP.Value & ", Frequency= " & Me.Frequency.Value & ", Account_Holder_Name= " & Me.ACt_Holder_Name.Value & ", Client_Name= " & Me.Client_Name.Value & ", Account_Number= " & Me.Account_Number.Value & ", Bank_Name_Ingenium= " & Me.Bank_Name_Ingenium.Value & " WHERE Instrument_Number = " & Me.Instrument_Number.Value & ""

Many Thanks !!!

Local time
Today, 13:32
Here is a method that lets you find the errors.

Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = "Update Telecalling_database set Calling_end_Date_time = " & Me.timer1.Value & ", Paid_Unpaid_Status = " & Me.Paid_unpaid_status.Value & ", No_of_Premium_Required = " & Me.No_of_Prem_required.Value & ", Calling_Code= " & Me.Calling_code.Value & ", Customer_comments= " & Me.Customer_comments.Value & ", GO_CODE_Ingenium= " & Me.GO_Code.Value & ", Modal_Premium= " & Me.Modal_premium.Value & ", Policy_Paid_To_Date= " & Me.Policy_paid_to_date.Value & ",MFYP_FRYP= " & Me.MFYP_FRYP.Value & ", Frequency= " & Me.Frequency.Value & ", Account_Holder_Name= " & Me.ACt_Holder_Name.Value & ", Client_Name= " & Me.Client_Name.Value & ", Account_Number= " & Me.Account_Number.Value & ", Bank_Name_Ingenium= " & Me.Bank_Name_Ingenium.Value & " WHERE Instrument_Number = " & Me.Instrument_Number.Value & ""

Debug.Print strSQL

DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL

Run the code on the form by clicking the button or whatever causes the code to run.
Open the immediate window (Ctl+G)
Copy the query string from the immediate window to a new query in SQL view.
Switch to datasheet view and the error message will help you locate the error.
Note: you don’t need to put .Value in the sql.
Here’s how to do it without .Value for one variable:
set Calling_end_Date_time = " & Me.timer1 & ",
You can go through the query and remove all the .Value.

balvinder

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for quick reply & warm help...

Have done exactly same process as suggested by you But not able to find error since everything seems perfectly fine.
Below is the output of immediate window & Error Message i got post converting into datasheet view.

Datasheet convert error :- Syntax Error (Missing Operator) in query expression '6/28/2011 6:03:23 PM'.

Immediate window output: -

UPDATE Telecalling_database set Calling_end_Date_time = 6/28/2011 6:03:23 PM, Paid_Unpaid_Status = , No_of_Premium_Required = 0, Calling_Code= ISSUE, Customer_comments= Customer had issues with services, GO_CODE_Ingenium= X0134, Modal_Premium= 15000, Policy_Paid_To_Date= 6/17/2012,MFYP_FRYP= FRYP/RYP, Frequency= Annual, Account_Holder_Name= ARUN NATHRAO GOLDE, Client_Name= MR. ARUN NATHRAO GOLDE, Account_Number= 003010100490597, Bank_Name_Ingenium= uti bank ltd WHERE Instrument_Number = 5495696

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:32
Dates need octothorpes (#) surrounding them and text needs quotes. It would appear that you have not included either in your SQL code.

balvinder

Registered User.
Local time
Millions Thanks to both of you...!!!!
You are really a gem...

Code is working fine now..:))

God bless you both

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:32