Update links in Excel (1 Viewer)

Neil07979

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:42
Hi all,

I'm creating an excel report for distribution, I have got a macro to copy the selected sheets to anoth workbook so that the size of the report is at its minimum. However when opening this report - it asks if we want to update links - ideally I want to turn this off when openning the workbook - so that links are not updated and old data is left within the report.

Is there a piece of code I can run in the On open to not Update links?

Cheers, Neil

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
Hi all,

I'm creating an excel report for distribution, I have got a macro to copy the selected sheets to anoth workbook so that the size of the report is at its minimum. However when opening this report - it asks if we want to update links - ideally I want to turn this off when openning the workbook - so that links are not updated and old data is left within the report.

Is there a piece of code I can run in the On open to not Update links?

Cheers, Neil

Why not just remove the links if you don't want data updated within the spreadsheet? If you remove the links, it won't ask.

To do so, open the workbook and go to EDIT > LINKS and you should be able to remove the link. If you are using Excel 2000, it may be more difficult. But anything afterwards should work like a charm.

Neil07979

Registered User.
Local time
Typical - I am using excel 2000???

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
To do 2000, you can check the same thing I suggested for the other, but If not, you can create another workbook and just go to each sheet, select all and hit COPY and then do a PASTE SPECIAL and select VALUES. Unfortunately, you'll have to reformat it as well.

It's been a while since I had to do that with Excel 2000, but I believe it was the only way I could find to really break the links.

Neil07979

Registered User.
Local time
This would be one way to do it - but then the graphs will still be linked directly into the original document.

There must be some code which I can put into the On_Open procedure to automatically say no to this message?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom