Solved Update Record Using Form and Date (1 Viewer)

Malcolm17

Local time
Today, 23:07
Hello,

I'm having issues updating a record for a diary database. I have the following code which should update the record where the date selected in the form textbox called txtLocalSystemDate and in a column in the table selected from a list on the form called txtDiaryFeed. Its complicated slightly because of my subforms. When I hover over it on VBA it shows the correct column and row to go in to but when I run the code in the form it shows that it will update 0 records.

It works when I replace the ending looking for the textbox date, so if I put in #09/10/2021#, however this in American Date format, where my computer is in UK date format. This example I am looking to update 10th Sept 2021.

Code:
DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tbl_Net_Diary SET " & [Forms]![frmBackground]![subfrmHome]![txtDiaryFeed] & " = [Forms]![frmBackground]![subfrmHome]![txtDiaryEdit] WHERE TheDate = # " & [Forms]![frmBackground]![txtLocalSystemDate] & " #"

This code did work for a time a few weeks ago, however it has stopped working.

Can anyone advise me what they think is wrong with it please?

Many thanks,

Malcolm

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:07
Hi Malcolm. When you use code with dates, you'll have to use American or ISO date format. Try it this way:
Code:
DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tbl_Net_Diary SET " & [Forms]![frmBackground]![subfrmHome]![txtDiaryFeed] & " = [Forms]![frmBackground]![subfrmHome]![txtDiaryEdit] WHERE TheDate = #" & Format([Forms]![frmBackground]![txtLocalSystemDate], "yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"
Hope that helps...

Edit: I noticed you had extra spaces around the hash marks, so I took them out too.

Malcolm17

Local time
Today, 23:07
Thank you the DB guy, that worked brilliantly and helped me with a couple of other DLookup issues that I was having too!!

Malcolm :cool:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:07
Thank you the DB guy, that worked brilliantly and helped me with a couple of other DLookup issues that I was having too!!

Malcolm :cool:
Hi. You're welcome. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom