Updating information (1 Viewer)

foxtrot1981

Local time
Today, 15:01
Hi, in MSAccess2010 or earlier version it was possible to email existing client information from the database to a client and then request the client to update their information in a reply email. Then the clients information would be updated in the database. Is this still possible in newer versions of MSAccess like 2016 and later? Any suggestion or information on how this can be done? Thanks Deon

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:01
Hi. Unfortunately, that feature was removed in later versions of Access and no replacement feature was added.

foxtrot1981

Local time
Thanks, that is a petty - now a human still need to capture the reply/new information instead of technology...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, that is a petty - now a human still need to capture the reply/new information instead of technology...
Well, technology can still do it, just not the same way as before. For example, do you have Microsoft 365?

foxtrot1981

Local time
I'm busy reading up on Microsoft 365 because we are moving in that direction - hopefully i will get more information in my search and reading.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm busy reading up on Microsoft 365 because we are moving in that direction - hopefully i will get more information in my search and reading.
Good luck then. Let us know how it goes...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:01
365 just means it is subscription based. Pretty sure it's the same Access you can buy off the shelf when it comes down to using it.
Consider sending them a spreadsheet attachment that they can update? Then you can use the workbook as a data source.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:01
You can export data to a spreadsheet and email the spreadsheet to the user. You can then have them return it to a specific email address which your Access app can check at the end of each day and download the return spreadsheets and then process them. At the end of the process, the app should move the processed spreadsheets to an archive folder where they can live for a few weeks. The app should probably also send a return email to the user with a "thank you, update completed" message.

So, the procedure is similar but you have to do a little more coding to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom