Updating Records (1 Viewer)

reptar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Im using Microsoft Access 2003 and have a form 'frm_contacts' linked to a source table 'tbl_contacts'. My frm_contacts form has a button which when pressed opens a popup form 'frm_hottarget' of some additional fields from the same source table. The frm_hottargets form contains the field 'State' which is the same field in the frm_contacts form.

What i want is to have the State field from the popup frm_hottarget form to change to the value of the State field in the frm_contacts form as soon as the button is pressed. At the moment, the only way i can get the State field from the frm_hottargets form to change to the same value as the frm_contacts form is to close both forms and reopen them, or click the next record button and then back record button from the frm_contacts form.

Any ideas? Cheers

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Today, 10:40
Use the wizard to create an openform button. Select 'open form and show specific record' or something like that. It will guide you through. (To open the second form to the current record of the calling form.)

reptar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
I have the button opening to the specific record, but the State record from the frm_hottargets does not update to the State record of the form frm_contacts.

I want to change the State record from frm_contacts, click the button on that form (which opens the frm_hottargets) and have the State field (from frm_hottagrtes) show the updated change straight away... possible??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom