Urgent Help needed (1 Viewer)

socko139

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:41
I have three tables I need help with placing on a form. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it so much. My first table is an issues table. Whenever we get an issue we enter it into an issue table. Our second table, a recommendations table, we enter any recommendation we have to help solve a particular issue. Here I have a one to many relationship. One issue might have multiple recomendations. I can create this on a form no problem. I just tie issue id on both forms. Here is my problem. My third table I created is an actions table. For any recomendation you can have many actions to take. So there is a one to many relationship with my rec table. One rec might have multiple actions. Now when I put these three on a form, the issues works and the rec table works. When Im on a issue.. my form is filtered and I see whatever recs tied into that issue. Now I'm having problems putting my actions on the form. Is this possible? I hope that was clear. Summed up - 3 tables Issue, Rec, Action. One issue can have many recs.. one rec can have many actions... I need to get these on a form . . . so when a user is looking at issue one for example.. he will see his recs tied to issue one.. lets say recID 2 and 3.. and I also need the user to see the actions tied to recID 2 and 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:41
I think the easiest method of implementing this would be to use a popup form for the actions. This form would be based on a query
Select * from tblRecommendations where recID=forms!frmIssue!frmRecommend!recID or something like this.

To explain further, you want only actions that equal to the recommendation ID on the Recommendation subform of the Issues main form.

Then use a command button on the subform to open the popup actions form.

[This message has been edited by charityg (edited 06-14-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom