USA - UK - Members Meetup... (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:05
In searching for a suitable location for the Americans and and Brits to meet, Google suggested this place, halfway between USA and UK! Looks a bit bloody cold, even for a Brit!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 00:05
If you were seriously considering it, which city in the US would be most appealing?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:05
Sydney is a great spot. So many places along the harbor. I'd even go with the other half with a credit card to go shopping.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:05
Hopedale - Newfoundland

Halfway between USA & Blighty...

What place would be equidistant from every country?

Observations:-

There are approximately 200 countries.

The earth, 2/5ths land the rest Sea...

Observed from one particular angle, you see mostly oceans.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:05
I'd suggest New Orleans because it is warmer, but you folks would never understand some of the local delicacies. For instance, boiled crawfish where you do something that almost sounds like a man's sexist viewpoint: Suck the heads and pinch the tails. (But seriously, that IS what you do...)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
New York is a popular destination for Brits. However, I understand it's expensive?
It can be but some places are worth it.

edit:
The bar was then forced to admit women, but it did so "kicking and screaming".[2] In 1970 Barbara Shaum became the bar's first female patron.[5] With the ruling allowing women to be served, the bathroom became unisex. Sixteen years later, in 1986, a ladies room was installed.
I used to go there alot prior to 1986. It was difficult not to laugh while standing at the urinal.

Last edited:

AngelSpeaks

Local time
New York is a cesspool. So is Chicago. I live outside of Chicago and I won't go in their without a platoon of Marines.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 21:05
New York is a cesspool. So is Chicago. I live outside of Chicago and I won't go in their without a platoon of Marines.
Whereabouts? My dad grew up in Arlington Heights (but we're talking the 50's and 60's, he describes his neighborhood as having been Rough/poor)...my mom grew up outside of Crystal Lake (now considered posh, but just beginning to be that in her day). I grew up in WI.

Have no desire to ever visit New York, but have enjoyed a few visits to Chicago, just for a weekend of walking around, I liked the vibe - but then again, I only visited the nice parts.

Currently in Phoenix, where it's no humidity and approximately 70 degrees for seven consecutive months out of the year--an overall scenario that beats any place I have lived (WI, MO, KS, CA, OK) by a long shot.........Except it doesn't beat San Diego, but that's just not fair :)

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Whereabouts? My dad grew up in Arlington Heights (but we're talking the 50's and 60's, he describes his neighborhood as having been Rough/poor)...my mom grew up outside of Crystal Lake (now considered posh, but just beginning to be that in her day). I grew up in WI.

Have no desire to ever visit New York, but have enjoyed a few visits to Chicago, just for a weekend of walking around, I liked the vibe - but then again, I only visited the nice parts.

Currently in Phoenix, where it's no humidity and approximately 70 degrees for seven consecutive months out of the year--an overall scenario that beats any place I have lived (WI, MO, KS, CA, OK) by a long shot.........Except it doesn't beat San Diego, but that's just not fair :)
DuPage County, Woodridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom