Use msg screen in a specific instance in a subform (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
I have a subform that pulls information on an item up after the item number is entered. If you follow the (.jpg) I have attached:
1=Enter Qty of Product
2=Enter Product #
Once those two steps are completed, everything to the "right" is pulled up automatically.
Step 3 allows the user to pull up another form to see if there are any "special requirements to be aware of with the product.

Columns 4 and 5 are extremely rare cases and I was hoping I could set up a msg to pop up when either one of the check boxes are checked (they have been checked in the product info already, the user does NOT enter the checkbox).
I want to do this as an extra notice that something different needs to be done with the item.

thank you.

Attachments

• Notification-msg.jpg
    Notification-msg.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 39

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
Well, you could certainly run something in your code where "everything to the "right" is pulled up automatically". An alternative is using Conditional Formatting to highlight a textbox or make one visible on the form.

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Well, you could certainly run something in your code where "everything to the "right" is pulled up automatically". An alternative is using Conditional Formatting to highlight a textbox or make one visible on the form.

Thank you for your reply, Paul. Respectfully, I don't think I need a code to where "everything to the right is pulled up automatically. Perhaps I should have been more clear...once the Qty and Prod# number are entered by user, all other information is automatically "filled" into the fields to the right, including if the particular product is calculated by "Per Foot Pricing" or "Per Sheet Pricing"

I have over 1,000 products that the user can choose from and all but only (50) of them are based on a unit price method of pricing. Unfortunately, the other (50) are either based on a "per foot" or "per sheet" Price. In those two cases, I have already entered a checkbox in the underlying product table.

What I want to happen is that anytime one of the (50) products are selected, a Message box pops up and notifies the user that the product in question requires a "per foot" or "per sheet" price to be used as required.

I hope this helps clarify what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks for your help :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Those were your words. How is everything "filled" in once the user enters the first info? You can check the 2 fields in the after update event of that control and put up a message box if either is True.

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Those were your words. How is everything "filled" in once the user enters the first info? You can check the 2 fields in the after update event of that control and put up a message box if either is True.

lol I guess we have a communication barrier.

Once the user enters Qty and Prod#, a query runs to show the information associated with the product.

I will try your suggestion about checking the 2 fields in the after update event....thank you.

Mark

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem. It should work, I just dodn't know your process so hard to be more specific. Like I said, you can also use Conditional Formatting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom