use table record to generate a button on a form (1 Viewer)

coatse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:04
Hi All,

I would like when a user adds a new record to a table it then generates a button on the form. if the record is deleted the button is deleted.

Kind Regards,
James

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 10:04
And what should the button do?
And is it in a single form or in a continuous form?

coatse

Registered User.
Local time
And what should the button do?
And is it in a single form or in a continuous form?

I would like the button to then open another form with more buttons. Can this be completed with VBA

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:04
the problem you would run into is the lifetime limit on the number of controls you can have on a form. see here
what you probably want to do is use the visible property although i'm not sure why.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 10:04
I would like the button to then open another form with more buttons. Can this be completed with VBA
Is it something like the below you're looking for, see picture?
Else you need to explain more in details.
Still I need to know if is it in a single form or in a continuous form?

Attachments

• Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 209

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
...I would like when a user adds a new record to a table it then generates a button on the form. if the record is deleted the button is deleted...
So what you're saying is that you want a separate Button, on the Form, for each Record in the Table? Sorry, but that really makes no sense at all.

...the problem you would run into is the lifetime limit on the number of controls you can have on a form...
Not just that...you'd run out of real-estate to place all of the Buttons!

The OP needs to give us, in plain language, exactly what he/she is tryong to accomplish, here, in order for us to help.

Linq ;0)>

coatse

Registered User.
Local time
So what you're saying is that you want a separate Button, on the Form, for each Record in the Table? Sorry, but that really makes no sense at all.

Not just that...you'd run out of real-estate to place all of the Buttons!

The OP needs to give us, in plain language, exactly what he/she is tryong to accomplish, here, in order for us to help.

Linq ;0)>

The table will have a list of topic, when a user adds a topic to the table it will then generate a button on the form. if the topic is deleted from the table the button will be removed from the form. its so the user does not have to add the button manually every time they think of a topic.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
The table will have a list of topic, when a user adds a topic to the table it will then generate a button on the form. if the topic is deleted from the table the button will be removed from the form. its so the user does not have to add the button manually every time they think of a topic.
Same arguments against this approach hold! Rather than adding/removing buttons, interactively, you need another approach. The most logical would be Listbox or Combobox to list the topics, using the AfterUpdate of whichever you choose, to open the secondary Form.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom