Using Access to record and Excel to Report (1 Viewer)

manix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:36
Hi All,

Been a while since I tackled any Access related things so I am back!!

Anyway, I have an Access DB (2003) that has a lot of useful data, but I am fed up with the reporting feature. It is especially useless at graphs, so I want to utilise Excel.

The trouble is I want to export data from Access to Excel, using a template excel document. I don't want the unreadable .CSV typ format so easily obtained. Can I not create an Excel template and bring the data across with the touch of a button?

I know it won't be as simple as touching a button, but surely an excel spreadsheet can be populated by Access data? How is this done? I am obviously talking in general terms, as I cannot offer any specific issues, but basically I want to create a template that has graphs and fields that once the data has been populated creates a nice report that can be reviewed. I want to reduce the amount of effort needed to create these reports etc....hence why a stadandardised template would be created that effectively 'Grabs' the data (usually generated by a query)!

At the moment I just export using Access's export feature that just creates a new worksheet and I then hve to manually create graphs and summaries from that data.

Any guidance and a point in the right direction would be good.

I wish to also do this from Outlook tasks lists as I have the same problem. A task list can be exported to Excel, but only as a new file/worksheet, I would like it to populate a template!!!

TIA

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:36
Don't know about the Outlook part (I can't test anything because we are stuck with LOTUS NOTES! <sheesh>

But as far as the Access to Excel part, you could use my code here from Access to an existing worksheet (say a DATA tab).

manix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:36
Don't know about the Outlook part (I can't test anything because we are stuck with LOTUS NOTES! <sheesh>

But as far as the Access to Excel part, you could use my code here from Access to an existing worksheet (say a DATA tab).

Thanks Bob that looks good I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on. Hopefuly this will save me a few hours!

I was going to give you Kudos, but the forum wouldn't let me!

Thanks Again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom