Using calendar once to update all records (1 Viewer)

dev_gordie

Local time
Today, 16:12
Hello,
This is probably a very basic question, but I can't think how to answer it myself. I want to use the built-in calendar on a form, click it once, and set the date for ALL the records in the table because the table contains records that are part of a batch. Do I try to use the date selected as criteria in an Update Query? Do I try to use the date selected to set the DefaultValue for the field? I know that many disagree with the viability of the built-in calendar, but my question isn't really about the calendar as much as it is about transferring the data to every record.

Any help I recieve will be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:12
Do I try to use the date selected as criteria in an Update Query

No idea what you're after but yes, you could use an update query using the selected date as criterium.

Rv

dev_gordie

Local time
Thanks for these reccomendations. How do I write the criteria into the Update Query to refer to the date chosen by the form with the calendar?

Gordon

dev_gordie

Local time
OK, now it seems I'm going to have to ask about the calendar opinions. I've successfully written the SQL for the Update Query to set the date stored from the calendar form. I'm using the built-in calendar with Access 2003. Unfortunately, the first click on the selected date doesn't seem to store the date value and it takes a second pass. What's up with that? If this is just the lamest calendar in the world I'll take the advice of the forum on the best calendar to use for this purpose.

Thanks all

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom