Using hyperlinks to find the correct record (1 Viewer)

gaston

Local time
Today, 09:42
Hello

Hoping someone can help me with this one.

Does anyone know how to set up each letter of the alphabet on a form, when you click a letter I want access to navigate to the first record beginning with that letter.

frmSelectCustomer
EmployeeFullName
CustomerName
CustomerID

On this form, I want to be able to add:-

"A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z"

where each letter is a hyperlink, and when clicked will return the first record to begin with that letter.

I have googled a variety of phrases to get an answer, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 03:42
I do not have a clue how to do it with a hyperlink.

I do know it is possible with VBA code.

Do you have to use a hyperlink?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You can always make it look like a hyperlink (almost) by underlining it and changing the forecolor to blue.

gaston

Local time
ok, hang on a sec. I also have record navigation buttons on the form, and unfortunately, once I select a letter, this stops the navigation buttons from working.

Any ideas how to fix this?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Me.FilterOn = True

That puts a filter on based on the letter selected. So maybe you need a "Remove Filter" button that will set it to false.

Clownfish1980m

Clownfish8182m
Local time
Today, 04:42
I am trying to do the same thing in my database. Lyle states to create a label with the alphabet but when I do there is no mouse down property on the event tab. Did i miss something or should it be a combo box? Thanks Ken

HiTechCoach

Local time
I am trying to do the same thing in my database. Lyle states to create a label with the alphabet but when I do there is no mouse down property on the event tab. Did i miss something or should it be a combo box? Thanks Ken

On the events tab tfor a Label the three events startwe with On Mouse.

Did you download the example?

Clownfish1980m

Clownfish8182m
Local time
Today, 04:42
Yes. I keep getting a debug error on the second line starting with Me.Filer. I have it referencing a combo box (me.Filder = "Combo1" & Chr (34) & Chr (64 - Int (-X/ Me.LbLAlpha.Width). What I am trying to do is have the user select the first letter of a medication and have it show up in the combo1 box. Then they select another command button to view a form containing the specific information they need.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yes. I keep getting a debug error on the second line starting with Me.Filer. I have it referencing a combo box (me.Filder = "Combo1" & Chr (34) & Chr (64 - Int (-X/ Me.LbLAlpha.Width). What I am trying to do is have the user select the first letter of a medication and have it show up in the combo1 box. Then they select another command button to view a form containing the specific information they need.

Me.Filer? or did your me Me.Filter?

me.Filder? or shoudl it be me.Filter?

I am confused on what you are trying to do.

If you have a combo box with a list that as all 26 letters then you might try this:

Me.Filter = Me.Combo1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom