Using info from two tables in a form with checkboxes (1 Viewer)

C

chilei

I am trying to track training, I would like to have a form with a list of all names and a check box which will indicate to another table who has done what training.

e.g. When I conduct a class for training A, I want a form that will use names from the Personnel table, so I can click A (training type) and then select all of the names that were in attendance, which will show on training A's table as complete. I need all the names because I also need to be able to run a report on who has not completed the training.

Thanks
Kyle

wizcow

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:03
chilei

Consider using cascading combo boxes.
The first combo box could hold your course types.
The second combo box could hold the names.

The second combo box short lists using the first combo box as criteria.

Your access help may have a bit about that.
There is also a download here...
http://www.candace-tripp.com/_pages/access_downloads.asp

Good luck
Tom

aleb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:03
Do you have a limited number of training types ?

C

chilei

Thanks

I think Wayne and Wizcow have given me a direction to go, I am going to work with it today and see if I can get it to work.

Aleb, I have about 15-20 training types (events) and I want to come up with a way of identifying whether a person was at the scheduled training, at a make-up, or if we had to chase him down (obviously the lack of these three will indicate that he/she has not had the training, and will be used to print a roster of those who still need it.).

I know that identifying the way they went is simple, so I am going to get my first issue of tracking attendance completed first.

Thanks again to Wayne, Wizcow, and Aleb for your responses!

Chilei

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom