VBA code showing up in cascade view. help! (1 Viewer)

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:45
I stupidly clicked the "cascade" option in the Window Tab of my VBA code. Now every module shows up. How do I get it back to showing just the VBA code for the form I'm interested in?

Thank you in advance.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:45
Testing shows that the code window/module for the current Form is the one on top, and that you need to

• Close every code window except the one for the current Form
  • Maximize the current code window
  • Exit the code window
  • Not click on items until you know what they do! :D
Linq ;0)>

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I've always found it irritating that Access opens all of the modules. If you are only working with one then as missingling said it should be the one on top and as long as the code window is maximized no problem. However if you need to work with more than one after a while it can get confusing having all of the modules open.

Before I even work in a module I switch to the VBA Editor and click Ctrl F4 as many time as needed to close them all and then I open the ones I need to work in.

@missinqlinq: How are you going to know what something does without clicking on it? Read the book? :D

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
I actually learn more by clicking everything I can and learning from my mistakes. I just wish there was an "undo" for this button.

I'll just maximize the one I want and forget that Microsoft is trying to help me.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
...I just wish there was an "undo" for this button...

I thought it was kind of odd that the Boys of Redmond didn't include a button to return it the standard view, myself!

Linq ;0)>

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
@missinqlinq: How are you going to know what something does without clicking on it? Read the book?

There's a book? :confused: I haven't even seen the movie, yet! :D

All seriousness aside, the 4th item was given tongue-in-cheek...hence the :D

Linq ;0)>

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
Think I'll go kick myself. All it took was maximizing the window I was interested in.

Time to drop the Access for Dummies book on my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom