VBA error handling tutorial (1 Viewer)

Zydeceltico

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:32
Hi all,

I'm not up to snuff with error handling and am wondering if anyone could point me to some tutorials.

I've googled and there are a lot of tuts for Excel VBA error handling and not very much for Access.

I did find Allen Brown's page but am hoping for something that would go in to a little more depth explaining each typical line of code.

I mean, I know what error handling is for but I'm not experienced enough to understand and apply preventive error-handling. I'm sure a lot comes from experience and having some inkling of how a particular block of code might break but I'd very much like to get some more guidance if possible.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tim, Have you tried the links in my signature?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I've googled and there are a lot of tuts for Excel VBA error handling and not very much for Access.
There should not be any difference. You are not writing in Access or Excel, you are writing code in VBA. Those links provided are generic to VBA, but would not matter if error handling in Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. My error trapping is identical in all of those applications.

Zydeceltico

Registered User.
Local time
There should not be any difference. You are not writing in Access or Excel, you are writing code in VBA. Those links provided are generic to VBA, but would not matter if error handling in Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. My error trapping is identical in all of those applications.
Thank you for the clarification. Got it. Thx!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:32
I did some Error Handling video's in 2007 here:-

They are some of my first attempts at doing videos!

Also if you search my website on the search term "Error" you will be served some links that maybe of interest....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom