VBA Solution to access email triggering warning from Outlook (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 14:15
I have copied and pasted - is there a way round this from access ? -
(I don't really want to tinker with outlook setting unless i have to )

I have one environment where it all works fine - but when login onto a remote session (ctrix) the antivirus is unavailable

The Outlook Trust Center Programmatic Access option shows your antivirus status as:

Unavailable. This version of Windows does not support antivirus detection.

Windows Security Center is not supported on server operating system versions. For this reason Outlook is unable to check antivirus status when installed on a Windows Server.

More information​

Outlook depends upon the Windows Security Center (WSC) on the operating system to detect the status of the antivirus software on the machine. Since the antivirus status isn't listed within the WSC on Windows Server Operating Systems, it is unable to obtain this information that results in the message we are seeing within Outlook. You can confirm this if you log into the Windows Server console. In the Action Center, you will not see any antivirus information

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
You might want to try using CDO emailing as that bypasses Outlook all together.

Cheers,

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:15
You could try vbMapi from Everything Access.

GaryPanic

Local time
would these leave a trail in outlook? - as i have an after email sent - function that copies the email from outlook into a named folder ?
(sorry for the delay reverting)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
cdo emails do not show in any user's outbox. When we use that method we send a copy to a dedicated inbox, which acts as a store of the outbound emails

vbMapi suppresses the outlook warnings., but otherwise outlook works as normal.

Last edited:

GaryPanic

Local time
sorry for the delay responding vbamapi looks like its the route to take - will see what i cna do

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think you get a free download anyway for testing. The licence might remove some ads, and so on

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
CDO is free and it would involve simply adding an extra email address to your message to go into another mailbox for archiving. From there you could also download it to a folder if you want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom