VBA to force disconnect from a backend database (1 Viewer)

davidb88

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:46
Hi All -

I have a database stored out on a shared drive at my company that multiple users connect to via a front end application that they save on their own hard drives. Recently I have noticed that the back end database keeps getting opened exclusively which prevents other users from being able to access the back-end database. For the life of me I cannot figure out what about the front end opens the back end exclusively and cannot find any plausible solutions I thought I could develop something that could force close a back-end database or disconnect all users from it? If anyone can provide any examples or suggestions on how to go about it that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

davidb88

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the link, that looks like a viable solution. I just have a couple follow-up questions...Not sure if you would know the answers though?

- Do these forms get placed in the front end database or the back-end?

- Where does that text file get created to let the code know that there is a user connected to the database?

Maybe those were covered in the post but I missed them? Thanks again for your help. If this works it will make my life so much easier.

davidb88

Registered User.
Local time
In doing a re-read of the post I was able to answer my own questions! So please disregard those previous follow-up questions. I do have one question though. If I want to automate the process of changing the text file name using VBA is that possible? So for the administrator I could give them a single click button and when clicked it changes the name of the txt file? Not sure if that is a possibility with VBA. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom