Video: Migrate from MS Access to Zoho Creator (1 Viewer)

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 09:01
An alternative to Zoho which is free and potentially you can run on your existing servers is nubuilder

For people who already have the following
a) cloud provider offering access to cpanel that has file manager
b) cloud provider offering similar access to file manager
c) cloud provider offering access to phpmyadmin
e) cloud provider offering additional subdomains

You can be up and running with a development environment in about 1/2 an hour probably for free

I would definitely recommend people taking a look

And here's a link to my personal instructions on how to get the development environment up and running

FrankRuperto

Local time
Today, 04:01
An alternative to Zoho which is free and potentially you can run on your existing servers is nubuilder

For people who already have the following
a) cloud provider offering access to cpanel that has file manager
b) cloud provider offering similar access to file manager
c) cloud provider offering access to phpmyadmin
e) cloud provider offering additional subdomains

You can be up and running with a development environment in about 1/2 an hour probably for free

I would definitely recommend people taking a look

And here's a link to my personal instructions on how to get the development environment up and running

This thread is about converting to Zoho Creator, so why don't you start a separate thread about nubuilder?

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Next time - I thought it was a general conversation about web options for low code development...
Can I ask do you have an interest in Zoho?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Looks like Zoho converts the tables but not the app. Is that correct? It is confusing because at one point the speaker talks about Access "web" app so it is actually converting from SQL Server to whatever Zoho is rather than from Access. So, does this product actually convert the forms/reports/etc of an AWA?

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Looks like Zoho converts the tables but not the app. Is that correct? It is confusing because at one point the speaker talks about Access "web" app so it is actually converting from SQL Server to whatever Zoho is rather than from Access. So, does this product actually convert the forms/reports/etc of an AWA?

I believe it is creating a web UI and the backend remains in whatever it was before. This is an established pattern for code generators. This has the advantage that you may be able to access the data either by Access or Zoho Creator.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That is not quite what I asked. Is it converting the EXISTING forms/reports/etc? I think the answer is NO so the advertising is false. It is not converting an Access database. Mostly because Access isn't an RDBMS. Access is a RAD tool that people who don't know better confuse with Jet and ACE (even the SQL Server team at MS don't know what "Access" really is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom