Visual Studio 6.0 Reference/ ActiveX (1 Viewer)

frustrating

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
Hey everyone,

Quick (or maybe not so quick) question:
One of my applications uses the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls (specifically the Slider Control and the ListView).

I'm finding that not all my users have this installed, which is obviously going to cause problems as they don't have the correct references.

Is there a solution to this? I obviously need to install something, but this didn't work...so I'm trying to get this sorted.

Should I just install the complete VS for these users? Is it the VB.net environment that would work?
I feel the solution to get these references is insanely easy, but yet here I am. Any ideas?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:40
The Common Controls reference isn't installed with Windows 10 and doesn't work in 64-bit Access. So you're up a gum tree without a paddle

Suggest you replace both controls with ones that don't require this
There is a another ActiveX slider control though better still use one of the non-ActiveX ones available.
Do a Google search or use the one by static here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=298559

Not sure what the listview does or whether the standard listbox is a suitable replacement

frustrating

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
The Common Controls reference isn't installed with Windows 10 and doesn't work in 64-bit Access. So you're up a gum tree without a paddle

Suggest you replace both controls with ones that don't require this
There is a another ActiveX slider control though better still use one of the non-ActiveX ones available.
Do a Google search or use the one by static here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=298559

Not sure what the listview does or whether the standard listbox is a suitable replacement

Thanks.

The ListView control is used as a drag and drop, where a user can upload a csv to the database by dragging it into the listbox. Do you know of another control that offers that drag/drop functionality?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks.

The ListView control is used as a drag and drop, where a user can upload a csv to the database by dragging it into the listbox. Do you know of another control that offers that drag/drop functionality?

Sorry - no
Time for a Google search I think...
BUT there are some older drag & drop example databases if you do a search on this forum

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Out of interest, what service pack was this for and what did it fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom