Voice to text software (1 Viewer)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 01:56
Hello everyone
I am thinking of getting voice to text - software has anyone used this , and if so any recommendation - the use i had in mind was for word/outlook

gbp

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:56
If you mean software that converts your speech into text, then if you have Microsoft word XP (2002) you already have it! It is called MS Speech and it is part of this word and higher versions. It is excellent software, easy to use, I am using it now!

Cheers Tony

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
I am still using 2000 -
but I'll see what is do-able in 2000

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
it's not available in Office 2000, but as noted it is available in versions 2002 (XP) and above. It works pretty well and is integrated between all applications in Office (so it works with Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).

Mark-BES

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, I work in the voice processing industry (8 years) for some of the largest dictation manufactures.

If you are going to use voice recognition, use Dragon Naturally speaking 9
http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/

Its about the best you will get with existing technology

Hope that helps.

raskew

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:56
Mark -

Would you rush out and purchase a product entitled "Dragon Naturally speaking 9"?

Hmm. Scary,

Bob

Mark-BES

Registered User.
Local time
raskew said:
Mark -

Would you rush out and purchase a product entitled "Dragon Naturally speaking 9"?

Hmm. Scary,

Bob

I know It does not sound quite right :) but it is easier to use (and requires less training) than the well known/popular IBM/scansoft ViaVoice.

I personally do not like voice recognition systems. Despite being around for years and years, they are still in their infancy. Only now can PC hardware start to handle the massive processing power they require. VR can still only handle one voice at a time and are really 5 years away from being a replacement for audio typists or as a alternative to inputting commands to your PC via mouse/keyboard.

Last edited:

Jonathan Kok

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:56
rofl...it's been 5 years away from that for the last what...10 years? ;)

But I'll second Dragon Naturally Speaking. Not only does it have top-of-the-class speech-to-text, but its text-to-speech is superior to anything else on the market.

Mark-BES

Registered User.
Local time
Jonathan Kok said:
rofl...it's been 5 years away from that for the last what...10 years? ;)

I Know, I know :D I remember saying it at least 3 year ago !
I do not like VR for that very reason :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom