Warfare Simulation Games (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:54
Now that we have more idle time due to the COVID-19 restrictions, does anyone have an interest in playing warfare simulation games, such as those from:
John Tiller Software and Battlefront. I don't have any interest in first person shooter games.

From Tiller Software, I have available Campaign Shenandoah, and Campaign Chickamauga. Currently, I do not have any games from Battlefront. The game that I did have is now obsolete as a side effect of various MS Windows upgrades. If any one is interested, I am more than willing to buy one of these types of games.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
I have played this game on and off since 1997 http://subspace-continuum.com/

Wikipedia

Since the coronavirus Outbreak it's having more visitors and the games have been very well supported and are challenging!

So if I'm not in the forum, I'm there, and my handle there is guess what "uncle gizmo" come and shoot at me!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
BTW --- It's FREE!

MonkPlusTerraria

Local time
Today, 09:54
Try Arma 2/Arma 3 games. Just be careful: in the case of Arma 2, the community is dying. Slowly dying.

There are not many servers are hosted, because the terms and use of its company (Bohemia Interactive) restrict the donation system on servers. I mean that donation when you receive something for the amount you donated. In-game items, resources, etc. Especially in the case of DayZ Epoch modification.

MonkPlusTerraria

Local time
Today, 09:54
This is the game of my childhood! If we started to talk about strategies, then I recommend you to play in Man of war and Company of Heroes games.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:54
I am purposely limiting myself to games that can be played natively on Linux, though I do have a computer that can boot into Windows if need be. I understand that Steam is now available for Linux play. I have not yet explored that option. Thanks for your thoughts.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:54
I'm more of an FPS guy. I like killing small, slow, dumb, ugly things such as are typically used as the bad guys in those shooters. It is a surrogate for what I would like to do with politicians.

EliiotM

Local time
Today, 10:54
Age of Empire is probably the greatest game ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom