Web database - subform within subform (1 Viewer)

Megan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:47
Time to let my noobishness shine. :) My fundamental question is can a subform be placed within a subform in a web database that will be used with Access 2010, SharePoint 2010, Access Services?

For example, my goal for one of the forms is to have:

Main form = Customer information
Subform = line item categories (kitchen, office, bathroom,...)
Sub-subform = line items (dish soap A, dish soap B, paper towels,...)

I accomplished this in a non-web database, but in a web database to be published with Access Services, it is proving challenging. Thanks for reading!

[Edit: Well I think I've figured out a workaround (though probably the long way around). Since this is part of a hybrid database, I created a direct relationship between the main customers table and the line items table (bypassing the categories table). The line items table now has a "Category" field. Bummer that the customer has to enter the category repeatedly for each item in that category, but such is life and the tradeoff of having a web submission form seems worth it. :) Anyway, after the customer enters their information into the form, it looks like the data can be appended without too much hassle to the appropriate tables and then deleted from the tables that initially hold the submitted data. Please tell me if I'm nuts for doing it this way. :D]

Last edited:

jjturner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:47
Hi Megan,

I know this is many moons later, but I ran across this thread while testing out Access Services on SP 2010. I was successful creating a 3-tier form (form, subform, sub-subform) - so I wanted to let you know that it's certainly possible!

Cheers,
John

reyrey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:47
hi, i have a similar situation (Problem). i have created a database based on the projects web database template. the web template has a button to select tasks within a project. its basically a sort feature. i was wondering how to do this going "up" two levels. i have project - subproject - subtask.(all one to many). i display the subtasks datasheet in a form and want to sort by project. my subtask table does not have a project field, just a subproject field. is adding a project field to the subtask field necessary? thanks for any suggestions.

headk

Local time
Today, 04:47
jjturner, would you please post how you were able to do this with the web database and access services? Thanks!

jjturner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:47
jjturner, would you please post how you were able to do this with the web database and access services? Thanks!

Howdy and Welcome!

First, setup your tables, then starting with a form to be used as your "master" or "main" form, insert a Subform/Subreport object. You can also insert a Subform/Subreport object within this subform, and bind them accordingly (just like native Access forms):

Attachments

• access-services-subforms.jpg
    access-services-subforms.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 354

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom