Web enable Access 2000 (1 Viewer)

jmr6_99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:09
Hello All,

We are moving in that direction here at my work. Presently, I am trying to web enable our Help Desk reporting feature. My goal is to have users open up a Report Selector form within a web browser and use that form to run reports that get returned to the web browser. I have been using the Data Access Page feature of Access 2000 to get this project off the ground and I have had some success. However, now I am struggling. I have also searched high and low for a utility that will allow me to convert existing Access 2000 forms to Data Access pages but I have had no success. Is anyone aware of a utility that will convert a form to a data access page? Has anyone out there tried to web enable Access 2000 and more importantly did you have success. Any help/guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:09
As far as I know, there is no direct way to convert Access forms over to HTML forms. They are very different in structure. However you may be able to duplicate many of the Access events using VBScript and ASP.

I am no VBScript/ASP expert but if you would like some help with it, let me know and I will post back with more info.

By the way, some one from another forum was trying to do the same thing and they were unable to find any third party solutions or conversion programs either. If I hear of anything on that board I will be sure to post back to this thread.

[This message has been edited by Talismanic (edited 06-04-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom