Website for Form entry linked with MS Access Database (1 Viewer)

Premlatha Raghunath

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:38
Hi,

I have a MS Access Database. I'm asked to develop a website for the form entry and the data entered in the form is supposed to get stored in MS Access Database when clicked on Save Button. How do I do it? Can I use wordpress for Web development or the traditional Web development coding using HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Javascript? And how do I connect the MS Access database with the form?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:38
Hi. Just one person's humble opinion, but if you can avoid doing this task, I would try doing it another way. For example, use SQL Server as your backend database. Then, you can create a website connected to the SQL Server database. You can also connect your Access application to the SQL Server database.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:38
access does not make a good backend for websites, many hosts will not support it - as DB says, use sql server or mysql. either way, it will need to be located online, not on your servers which means your existing access front end would be useless.

You might consider using citrix or terminal server - in which case modifications to your existing app would be minimal. Another alternative is sql azure

With regards Wordpress etc, they will only support sql server/mySQL, perhaps a few others, but not access, so assuming you can find a host which does support access, they will probably have recommendations as to which way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom