Welcome to two new Moderators! (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:40
What a great decision! Both are excellent assets to the forum.

Best wishes to Colin...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:40
Colin was a great asset too. Sometimes it is good to change things up.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 00:40
I just want to thank @isladogs for everything he did for this site as a Moderator. He was clearly the most active and involved. In truth when I first got here I thought he was the only moderator since he was so active. He was always very professional and at times tended to be the "adult in the room" on a lot of discussions. Him and I got into several heated arguments, and several times he was correct in calling out my behavior. Because of him I deleted threads that I should not have written and even apologized to others. He seemed to be more concerned about the forum then his personal disagreement with me. At times we disagreed on technical solutions, but unlike some others on the forum he did not get into the "one-upmanship" game, but provided an alternate approach. I learn more Access from him then anyone else. It seems like the days of disagreeing and working it out do not exist much anymore. I am glad we could. Now a days it seems if you disagree with someone you just silence them.
The new mods are good choices. They are very welcoming to the people who join and i am sure they will do a good job, but have big shoes to fill.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:40
Now a days it seems if you disagree with someone you just silence them.
I'm not sure if that is meant to be directed at me or not, but I have not silenced anyone, even after months of disagreement and repeated clashes. In fact, a certain person who was banned from here was silenced and I was one of the few protecting their right to speech. And ask yourself who it was who wanted to do the silencing and you will spot a certain irony. Ponder on that one for a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom