What happened to the Graph ? (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
I have a report with a couple of text fields above the graph. The report has no source, but the graph below the textboxes has a query as the source. When I run the report on my laptop (vers. 2016), the whole report looks fine in the Preview. I shipped the whole database to a user but when the user runs the Report on vers 2016. only the textboxes on top appear. There IS NO GRAPH .

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:31
There is a Microsoft Graph Library in References?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
It sounds like you have used the 'modern' chart feature available in Access 365.
If the other user has A2016 retail or earlier, it can't process the chart. No error occurs and a blank space is left

If that is the reason, the solution is to re-create it using the traditional chart feature.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
It sounds like you have used the 'modern' chart feature available in Access 365.
If the other user has A2016 retail or earlier, it can't process the chart. No error occurs and a blank space is left

If that is the reason, the solution is to re-create it using the traditional chart feature.

Makes perfect sense. How can I prevent using the 'modern' feature ? Is that done by checking the 16 Graph reference?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No. Nothing to do with that reference.
There are two different buttons on the design toolbar. Chart and Insert Chart. The traditional chart button is part of the Controls section of the Design ribbon

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
No. Nothing to do with that reference.
There are two different buttons on the design toolbar. Chart and Insert Chart. The traditional chart button is part of the Controls section of the Design ribbon
Awesome, perfect, fixed, thanks and Merry Christmas!!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You're welcome. Enjoy your holiday break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom