Solved What is the bar to the left of the form? (1 Viewer)

Danjo

Local time
Today, 11:10
Hi All,

Does anyone know what this bar is and what its purpose is? Clicking it doesn't do anything, i just know its in the detail section of the form.

Many Thanks

Untitled.jpg

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Danjo, if you click the black arrow left top it should reveal all your access object , table, forms etc.
From there you open the object in the desired mode.

Hope this is clear

Ypma

Danjo

Local time
Thanks Ypma,

Makes sense but doesn't do anything for me - changes to black to show the mouse over it but clicking does nothing. Really weird thing is its disappeared now but i'm changing loads of settings. If i figure out how i got rid of it, i'll post the answer here for anyone else.

Cheers!

Danjo

Local time
There we go - it's the "Record Selectors" option which explains why it isn't doing anything - I have no records!!!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:10
it is called Record Selector.
you can remove it on Design view of your form.

clicking it will moves you that "that" record (see the black arrow on that vertical bar).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:10
I don't like the way it looks on a single record form so I normally turn it off. But, my apps rarely have record contention so there is little chance of both userA and userB attemptiing to update the same record at the same time. Most records are updated based on some client interaction and the client wouldn't be talking to two users at the same time:)

However, if you might have contention, leaving the record selector visible gives you a warning that some other user is updating the record. Normally it just shows a right triangle but if you type something to begin to change the record, the right triangle changes to a pencil. Or if two users are looking at the same record and one starts a change, the marker on the second user's form will turn to a circle with a line through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom