What phone(s) do you have? (1 Viewer)

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Today, 09:50
I've been darn tootin' happy with my Sanyo 4900. I bought it right after they stopped making the monster and had to hit 10 different stores to find it but the phone has served me well for years. As far as I understand, with average non-world consumer phones, it still is the reigning champion in antennae strength and I do love that I can go 13 days without a charge! :D A little ugly and has no other features but I'm attracted to functionality over glam anyway. ;)

monkeytunes

Serf of the Jungle
Local time
Today, 06:50
Nokia 3650

I have a Nokia 3650. It does everything I need on the road - built in camera, video with sound (which I've used to document a car accident), To-Do list, calendar, etc. With Bluetooth and Infrared, I can sink it pretty easily with both Mac and PC address books and calendar programs (the To-Do list syncs, too). The internet is kind of pokey on it, but is useful in a pinch (see: addresses of nearby bars, quick WAP Google searches, etc., sending emails). With a downloaded Java-based Game-boy emulator, it's heaven.

The only drawback - it's pretty big. I think it's more comfortable than most flip-phones, but it doesn't always fit well in your pocket.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 08:50
I have a Motorola V551 which I like. My husband has the Nokia 6820 that has the fold open QWERTY keyboard for text messaging and he uses that feature pretty extensively.

I like Nokia phones also but my last one was a 3200 and, while I liked the features, I couldn't hear a darn thing on it unless I was in a completely silent room, and even then it was iffy.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 08:50
I have a Nokia 3220, and I really like it. I thought the lights on it would really bother me, but they're actually quite helpful at times. I just like it because it's nice and small and display is very clear.

bretts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:50
I have a Nokia 6510, I got it years ago, but it's small and it has a radio built in which is quite good sometimes. ;)

I would like a new phone like the Samsung v500 (or something) but i'm too tight to replace something that still works :D

Brett

jonifen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:50
Samsung D500... I use a lot of the functions on it, but not all of them - I may do one day, but then again, I may not :)

One bad comment - why do no new mobile phones that I have seen have a normal ring-ring type ringtone on it? I can only take so much of these dodgy plinky-plonky musical ringtones :mad:

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Heard that Vodaphone are launching a mobile phone that is just a phonewith Text.

Phone list and that's about it.

Seemes that thing there is a market for those that want a mobile phone
Len B

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 15:50
I have a bell 200 serie, works like a charm , but no access to access (yet). :D

Last edited:

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
2 x Nokia 3310 and wait for this......

....Nokia 7110e Just great the battery still charges but it loves to turn of the moment you close the keyboard cover.

I've got a digital camera, so don't need one on the phone. Also have a computer so don't need one on my phone.

Ian

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
I have an unhappy relationship with my mobile. I get a contract each year so I can get a new phone as I usually manage to break them in the first three months of having them. My current one has bucked the trend and lasted, just, a whopping 18 months! Its now pay as you go as I use it a limited amount. I'm with the "it's just a phone" camp (can I say camp)

I need something that is genuinely damage proof in someway as it will be droped, splashed, and most likely sworn at, and most often squashed in my backpack when I bail off me bike, but its such a tedious subject searching for a new phone and reading reviews. Any ideas? Think there was some seimens something or other that reviewed quite well.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
For us DanT buying a phone is simple really.
1) Define what you want Phone
2) Network Say Orange Pay as you go

That's it

Go to Orange shop and say

Cheapest phone that meets specification of "Whatever you have stated above"

Pay Money

Done in 5 minutes
L

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
It is indeed simple its the defining what phone you want. One that won't break please. Anyway since posting that I have had another look and it seems there is a siemens, the M65 that is shock proof etc so I will walk up the road later to the local phone dealer and see what he can do. Job done, until I break it and think bugger another 9 months of limping through with a dodgy phone.

R

Rich

Dan_T said:
I need something that is genuinely damage proof in someway as it will be droped, splashed, and most likely sworn at, and most often squashed in my backpack when I bail off me bike,

Quite simple really, just a long piece of string and an empty marvel tin.
Attach one end to the tin and the other to Goonhilly :cool:

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
oh god where should I buy the marvel from? and the string... What if its not strong enough or is too heavy?

Dinus

the
Local time
Today, 15:50
Some old NOKIA. It was the first with a camera. It's HUGE.

Andromeda

I'm happy you left me
Local time
Today, 21:50
i miss my SEt610. i am using N3660..need to buy the SEW800

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 09:50
Just got my wife a Motorola Razr V3. It's really cool, but since it is so thin it is wider than typical phones. It's really sharp though. My phone only plays polyphonic ringtones and hers plays True tones so that's awesome. I think the battery life on it may be its major drawback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom