What should Biden do after he wins? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:56
I think it's bad that PA changed their postmark date without the legislature approving. I hope (and think they will, actually) win that particular one.
Now I may have mis-stated the terms, but you know which issue I am referring to.
The Constitution is very clear on what body gets to set the rules for voting in a state and it is the state Legislature. If the Legislature didn't change the rule, the rule didn't change. That would be the ruling of the Supreme Court. The remedy is a different problem. If the votes that were illegally counted were not isolated, it would be impossible to discard them. Does that mean that PA should get away with violating its own voting law?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
The Constitution is very clear on what body gets to set the rules for voting in a state and it is the state Legislature. If the Legislature didn't change the rule, the rule didn't change. That would be the ruling of the Supreme Court. The remedy is a different problem. If the votes that were illegally counted were not isolated, it would be impossible to discard them. Does that mean that PA should get away with violating its own voting law?
Heres a summary of Act 77 which had been passed by the PA legislature. https://www.pacounties.org/GR/Documents/Act 77 - Election Reform Bill summary.pdf

Note the following line:
The deadline for a county to receive a mail-in ballot or regular civilian absentee ballot has been extended to 8 p.m. on Election Day. Mail-in ballots or civilian absentee ballots received after this time will not be counted unless a court has extended the deadline.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Heres a summary of Act 77 which had been passed by the PA legislature. https://www.pacounties.org/GR/Documents/Act 77 - Election Reform Bill summary.pdf

Note the following line:
Boom!

I've had to point this out to so many people that the legislature gave the court explicit rights to extend this deadline.

Trump is just upset that he got less votes not once but twice. He even claimed he received more votes than Clinton due to fraud. He can't wrap his head around anything that puts him below someone else. Spoilt child.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:56
Ultimately this will be resolved in the supreme court if the Trump team can prove 5 or more counties have substantial fraud

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Nobody believes they stopped counting for any legit reason. link below.

View attachment 87037

I think its a real game changer. Devastating Text.
Thank god it didnt affect the Atlanta Fulton County Recreation Authority (afcra) office .

txt.jpg

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
In other news . . . Trump still lost

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee and former law school professor, wrote for the three-judge panel.

A message from the President
Screenshot 2020-11-27 140347.jpg

I think we need a new thread THE TRUMP MELTDOWN

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I've had to point this out to so many people that the legislature gave the court explicit rights to extend this deadline.
I dont think its uncommon. Look how many elections where there have been long lines and the courts have ruled they can remain open past closing time.

He's just trolling the Soros wannabes, I guess it worked.
A trump appointed judge no less. Bet he wishes he could fire him.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Better hope it doesn't get in front of Amy, there will be "weeping and gnashing of teeth"
yea she's some pro-lifer. I'm sure the pope is proud

In a section of his upcoming book shared by The New York Times, the pontiff praised nation’s that imposed “strict measures to contain the outbreak” and save lives.
“The exceptions have been some governments that shrugged off the painful evidence of mounting deaths, with inevitable, grievous consequences,” he wrote.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The once great New York Times now makes casual viewers subscribe to read their extreme leftwing swill.

1606507660147.png

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
guess you dont know how to get around paywalls.

heres the pertinent part of his op-ed

With some exceptions, governments have made great efforts to put the well-being of their people first, acting decisively to protect health and to save lives. The exceptions have been some governments that shrugged off the painful evidence of mounting deaths, with inevitable, grievous consequences. But most governments acted responsibly, imposing strict measures to contain the outbreak.

Yet some groups protested, refusing to keep their distance, marching against travel restrictions — as if measures that governments must impose for the good of their people constitute some kind of political assault on autonomy or personal freedom! Looking to the common good is much more than the sum of what is good for individuals. It means having a regard for all citizens and seeking to respond effectively to the needs of the least fortunate.

It is all too easy for some to take an idea — in this case, for example, personal freedom — and turn it into an ideology, creating a prism through which they judge everything.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
No mention of riots and looting or large groups of dims gathering as a possible cause.

Its no wonder the Times has lost all credibility around the world

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
It is all too easy for some to take an idea — in this case, for example, personal freedom fear — and turn it into an ideology, creating a prism through which they judge everything.
Corrected version. The Times, as one media, outlet has been pushing Coivid-19 pandemic "fear" to create a prism to unjustly accuse Trump of "failing" and to manipulate the gullible public.

Those not in agreement with the politically correct "adopted" approach (of the moment) of fighting the Coivid-19 pandemic are vilified. Amazon attempted to suppress the release of Alex Berenson's book concerning Covid-19, as one victim of vilification. Then as @AccessBlaster noted, reporting at Times overlooks the transgressions of those that the Times is in political alignment with. There is little acknowledgement by the left that "experts" may have different opinions and that opinions may change, sometimes radically. Consequently, there really is no uniform "correct" way to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Then as @AccessBlaster noted, reporting at Times overlooks the transgressions of those that the Times is in political alignment with.
Ahh, thats from an op-ed that Pope Francis wrote, not the times reporting.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Boom!

Trump is just upset that he got less votes not once but twice. He even claimed he received more votes than Clinton due to fraud. He can't wrap his head around anything that puts him below someone else. Spoilt child.
This isn't a mystery.

The argument isn't that the legislature never passed such a law, but rather, that the law is unconstitutional as per the state constitution, which forbids anyone from the legislature from setting those dates. The legal question is whether it is constitutional for the state to pass a 'delegation' law, which allows them to delegate their responsibility for doing this to "unless a court...", when the constitution specifically forbids anyone except the state legislature (like "a court") from doing so.

I've had to point that out to people a few times.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Your oversimplifying the arguments since they've held 2 elections without objection since it was enacted.

Regardless of any litigation the amount of votes recieved after the 8pm deadline amounted to 10,000 ballots.
The Pa. SOS's website does not include those ballots in its tallies. Note the yellow banner.

So Trump still lost.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 194909.jpg

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom