Local time
Today, 17:50
image.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50

The bug is a bit of editing magic. I slowed that video down and manually controlled the video-progress slider. The bug resembles a "palmetto bug" (commonly found in/near palmetto and willow trees in New Orleans.) Such bugs are cold-blooded and therefore would become too lethargic to jump like that after being in a fridge for a short time. Also, the bug just appears in-frame from nowhere. But the video maker did manage a good "jump scare" scene, so gotta give him props for the effort.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 09:50
As time goes by, you go to more and more funerals.

............last week I caught the wreath.

(another one specially for a groan from TDM :))

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50
I would groan except that a couple of weeks ago I actually DID go to a funeral for a woman who was my childhood neighbor. She passed away in February at age 102. This woman had a daughter a couple of years younger than me. We were childhood sweethearts but then drifted apart. I remember when the neighbor revealed to her family that she had breast cancer. She later had the "double radical" surgery, but her daughter came over to cry on my mother's shoulder because she feared the worst. 70+ later, the neighbor passed - but not of cancer. It was sad, but at the same time a celebration of someone who had, as a barely-out-of-her-teens woman, worked for the WW II effort because she was a trained seamstress. She made ties for U.S. Army office and dress uniforms. Her kids grew up and are now themselves parents. Her grandson is a firefighter. Rest in peace, Miss Lucy!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:50
My wife bought a new make-up mirror. I asked if it was unbreakable. A simple question. She did not react well. I don't understand it?!??!?!?
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom