When pasting from Excel the rows in Access are blank. (1 Viewer)

Bettany

Local time
Today, 11:56
Hi there, I am very simply trying to copy a number of cells from excel to access and whenever I try to do this the cells are added in access but they come up blank. I'm using the special paste append option in access but it's still not working. any idea why all the data pasted from excel would show up as blank records in access? thanks.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:56
And you get no pop up warnings or messages of any kind from Access? Is there any chance you have SetWarnings off?
Probably because the data in Excel doesn't properly match the datatypes/constraints in Access

Bettany

Local time
Just says you're about to paste 20 records and then I see 20 blanks. If I paste one cell it works fine :(

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:56
if you could upload a zip file here with a sample of the excel data (dummy it up a bit if needed, just try not to alter the reproducibility of the problem), + the db, that would be great.

JMongi

Local time
Access can be very finnicky about data types. I too am surprised you received no warnings. Is this something you've done before?
It's a bit more cumbersome but I've had much more reliable success simply importing the data into a separate table in access and then manipulating the data within the access environment. It's definitely more involved than copying and pasting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom