Where'd Everybody Go? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:33
Feel better now?:rolleyes: I see no reason to justify myself to you.

So you've used these forums for 6 years? 104 posts is not exactly a large amount, in fact its just over 17 posts per year. Perhaps when you've reached a reasonable amount then you can be in a better position to be critical.:rolleyes:

Col

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Could somebody help me please?

I notice in this particular thread There seems to be some discord.

I have noticed the exchanges between the English members of the forum and the American members of the forum, and I always thought that it was good humored Banter.

From an MS Access point of view I value the input from everyone here, whatever your background.

So what I need help with is, has the good humored banter turned sour? Or has someone got just the wrong end of the stick?

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Feel better now?:rolleyes: I see no reason to justify myself to you.

So you've used these forums for 6 years? 104 posts is not exactly a large amount, in fact its just over 17 posts per year. Perhaps when you've reached a reasonable amount then you can be in a better position to be critical.:rolleyes:

Col

Funny that, as you seem to think everyone else needs to justify themselves.

So, not only geographical apartheid but your not allowed an opinion unless Colin says you've been here long enough. You talk about censorship and hypocrisy and not justifying your actions but you can't help applying the double standard. I'm more than happy for people to judge my comments against the state of this forum and i stand by them, i wonder how many of the Americans think i'm wide of the mark? Exactly why do you think this user name is the one i started with? I don't actually set any store by an on-line identity it's pointless as you could be anyone, it's an alter ego and ego is the operative word, look at me everyone, look at all my posts. I've evolved mine as i have changed, right now i come on here to try and help people - i think you'll find the vast majority of my posts are trying to answer question. The people who ask questions neither need to know and i doubt they care that you've been posting shite in the watercooler for eons they just want help. You may set store by ColinEssex but that says it all really.

R

Rich

Karma said:
all i can say is the continued sniping and ill disguised bigotry by a vocal minority of English posters does not represent the feelings of a least one of us.
K.

George Bush doesn't represent America, oops silly me, yes he does.:rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 17:33
Uncle Gizmo said:
So what I need help with is, has the good humored banter turned sour?

It wasn't ever good humored, which is what the problem is. All topics end up being about GWB and why America is bad (oh, but not Americans, mind you :rolleyes: ) and I know personally of at least three long-time posters who rarely come here any longer because of it. A couple of others (including myself) have thought of giving it up.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
and I know personally of at least three long-time posters who rarely come here any longer because of it. A couple of others (including myself) have thought of giving it up.
Fortunately its not a duty bound thing to use the discussion forums.

Karma said:
Exactly why do you think this user name is the one i started with?

I have absolutely no idea, but being as you are such a long term member, you will recall there was a thread a few years ago which discussed the origins of peoples login names. It was quite interesting.;)

Uncle Gizmo said:
and I always thought that it was good humored Banter.
and it is, there was an occasion recently when Ken and I (we were both bored) and staged a verbal fight, we planned the whole thing - we decided to stop it because too many people thought it was for real:D there's alot of behind-the-scenes communication between UK and USA members.;)

Col

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
ColinEssex said:
and it is, there was an occasion recently when Ken and I (we were both bored) and staged a verbal fight, we planned the whole thing - we decided to stop it because too many people thought it was for real:D there's alot of behind-the-scenes communication between UK and USA members.;)

Col

Did the same thing myself a few years ago except

It was in a meeting room face to face
The meeting room was adjacent to a general administration area
It was the Admin Manager on opposite side of table

Man did that go with a bang...to say the least.

Shall we say both fully entered into spirit of things

It was a real stand up, shout, shake fist, slam door act

Fantastic reaction.... was talked about for days

Neither of us work for the company now ...but thats a different story

L

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Fortunately its not a duty bound thing to use the discussion forums.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a duty bound thing for a few to ruin it for everyone else.

ColinEssex said:

How interesting. I've received a somewhat different story behind the scenes from a few people.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
You miss the point here Cindy, I could equally, and frequently do, have said Tony Bliar :eek:

No, I didn't miss the point. You said George Bush. :(

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
No, I didn't miss the point. You said George Bush. :(
I know, I keep having nightmares about the guy too, however, there is hope, Hillary's popularity is on the rise:cool:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
But he is a nightmare, no therapist can cure that:cool:

Neither can we, but you don't have a problem talking to us about it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom