Which Conspiracy Theories do you Believe? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:42
Interesting insight in to a conspiracy theory nut:-

BBC News - How I talk to the victims of conspiracy theories

Do you believe in alien abduction?

Is the world flat?

Is Trump an alien?

Was the Luna landing filmed on a set?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I was abducted by aliens.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:42
I am a sucker for a conspiracy theory. I often have to reign myself in and force myself to look for facts and employ logic.

Of the ones you posted, Alien Abduction - possible but unsure. Lunar landings are indeed a hoax. Trump is unique but definitely human and the world is round...

Some of my favorites is the sinking of the Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin and the World Trade Centers...

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Now if you want to get into ghost stories I have a personal experience.

Here's a story about the bar/restaurant although My friend owned it prior to the owners mentioned in the article.
https://patch.com/new-york/huntington/bp--ghosts-from-the-whaling-days

Jackie always had stories about things that would happen in the restaurant. As did her brother and the staff. They would see a shape by the womans bathroom. Hear foot steps and noises. Sometimes the piano would strike a key. One night Jackie was in her office on the third floor where she had an old fashioned calculator where you would push down the buttons and then pull a handle to make the calculations. While sitting there the keys were being pushed down by themselves. She had a psychic do a reading in the building who also identified one of the ghosts as "Van" and that he had been shot in one of the small rooms on the third floor. I saw what looked like a bullet hole in the wall of the room she identified.

My personal experience was late one night when My girlfriend and I stopped by at closing time. The only ones in the building were Jackie, My girlfriend and myself. All the doors were locked and we were sitting at the bar having a nightcap and a dessert. We did this a lot since it was free. Sitting at the bar, to the left was a short staircase about 4 or 5 steps up. This led to the kitchen which was behind the bar area. It was a typical commercial kitchen with all the pots and pans hanging from racks attached to the ceiling. As we were all sitting at the bar, all of a sudden all hell broke loose in the kitchen with the sound of banging pots and pans. We all ran up into the kitchen and all the pots and pans were swinging around as if someone ran through there hitting them. No one could have gotten in or out of the kitchen without us seeing them and we confirmed we were the only ones in the building with all the doors locked.

Years after she sold the building the owners tried to renovate the building adding an addition. There were a series of mysterious fires that kept destroying the addition they were trying to add.

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 01:42
the ones where @moke123 claims he can take me down through his employment-oriented skills. hey buddy, have you seen this? apparently the federal government wants to speak with me:

washington_dc_call_from_fed_officials.jpg

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:42
That's spooky moke! I assume you're a believer then? It's the kind of thing I'd be skeptical about, but of course it hasn't happened to me.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Once a skeptic always a skeptic, but there was really no explanation. That had to be 35 years ago but I still remember it well.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
However skeptical I might be, an experience like that would make me rethink things. I can't imagine!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Trying to convince the wife to buy / rent a motorhome and tour all the spooky places.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm sceptical for two reasons. Some strange things have happened to me but I have investigated them and found the cause.

Secondly with the advent of the mobile phone, with it's built-in camera, there has not been an increase in sightings of flying saucers ghosts and the like.

You would expect a massive increase of such pictures, "proof" as the opportunity to gather the evidence is substantially increased.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
The closest I think I've ever come to a UFO sighting was years ago in NY. I was talking to a girl on the Payphone at our yacht club late one night. Remember PayPhones? I was looking at the stars out over Long Island Sound and one in particular caught my attention as it looked a little brighter than the rest. It was way off in the distance so it was only a bright spot in the sky until it shot across the sky and stopped and stayed there. Moments later it again shot across the sky and stopped. This happened a number of times and the girl I was talking to also saw it. At one point it just disappeared. Who knows what it was but it seemed to travel 10 -20 miles across the sky almost instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom