Who wants their Thanks counts added to Likes? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:22
Some of you wanted me to import the Thanks counts and convert into Likes. Who wants theirs imported? Just click Like on this post and I will transfer them for you. Notice what I did there? Sneaky! I figure 1 Thank > 1 Like, so I propose 1 Thank = 3 Likes, fair deal? Likes are a bit more throwaway, while Thanks carried a little more weight, so I want to more accurately preserve that.

There are hundreds of them, it is a boring mundane job and I am overloaded so I will only do it for those who ask. Let me know your thoughts and Like this post if you want yours imported.

Dreamweaver

Local time
It's not important just wanted to give you another like for your collection and gain more brownie points :cool: 😀 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:22
Not gonna lie, there was a time when all I wanted was more little green dots. I've grown up a little since then. Which one of these emoji thingy is for tongue in cheek...?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am not actually sure how one Like affects the score. Does anybody know? Is 1 Like = 1 Reaction score? Or does it affect the Points?

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:22
From what I see, each positive like adds 1 point to the reaction score.
That dislike emoji removes 1 point. Some emoji's are neutral and does not add any points.
(You can check this on your profile under "Reactions received") I got 8 positive reactions and my reaction score is 8.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How do people feel about 1 Thanks = 3 Likes? Feel that is fair? Or if not fair, fairer than 1 Thanks = 1 Like?

I'm gonna just do it anyway. You will have your scores bumped today!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:22
I think Grumm has it right. 5 minuets ago, my Reaction Score was 93. After you "liked" my Lazy Programmer thread, it is now 94.

Might have to use Excel to check the math, but I think it works out...

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I liked the old rep points and thanks - it gave a pretty good synopsis of a members status.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Points are indirectly related to Likes. For example when your reaction score reaches 100 you get another 15 points
points.PNG

That info can be found at the bottom of the About tab in members profiles below Following and Followers.
So far nobody has more than 63 'trophy' points

I also liked the old rep points but apparently that feature isn't available with the new software.
Trophy points are the nearest equivalent.

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:22
I think Grumm has it right. 5 minuets ago, my Reaction Score was 93. After you "liked" my Lazy Programmer thread, it is now 94.

Might have to use Excel to check the math, but I think it works out...
From what I read here :
The Wow, Sad and Angry does not add or remove points. Unless Jon changed it...

I think a thanks should be more than a like too.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I agree that the old Thanks were worth more than the new Likes.
Or at least I've been getting Likes faster than I ever got Thanks before … that is apart from when 'the mad thanker' was inadvertently giving them out like confetti

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yeah, I thought the points algo factored in Reactions. I reckon the algo factors in post count, reactions and maybe rate of posting, who knows. The Thanks to Likes scores I am adding are not affecting the points, but at least it is something that reflects on your value contribution to others.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The Mad Thanker was like Father Christmas! The name still makes me laugh!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok guys, here is the state of play. The follow Thanks-to-Likes have been added:
  • Minty
  • Uncle
  • Nautical
  • Mick
  • Colin
  • Bob

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Wait, I have just run a Cron job in the back-end to try to force update the stats, and it looks like you guys got a Points bump! Perhaps you got some more trophies too. Let me know!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I am running another Cron job, which rebuilds the members stats. I am unsure if the cache will prevent the data being updated toot suite but they should appear eventually.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We should have all given Likes to The Mad Thanker. He made everybody happy, except me!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes something has gone bump in the night ;
1582118697459.png

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, they are there. But they are still not showing in the Members tab, where the top scores are listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom