Why doesnt my Subreport work properly? (1 Viewer)

joner89

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:48
I have a subreport in my main report. In design view the header contains label boxes, the detail contains the text boxes and the footer contains some other details. However in layout view and when i view the report normally it only shows the detail!? I need it to show the details in the header and footer, i have checked that the visible option is yes so i have no idea why it isnt working. Any ideas? Could send a file if its easier for you to have in front of you.

Thanks in advance!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:48
Subreports don't show footers and headers. If you need something like that you need to create a GROUP HEADER and GROUP FOOTER in the subreport and put them in there. You can create a bogus group for all of it by simply creating a group by going to the grouping and sorting and in the selection where you would normally select a field just put a 1 there. Make sure to select that you want a header and footer for that group.

joner89

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob, thanks for your feedback. That would be a good reason why they arent showing! I followed your instructions and made a GROUP HEADER and GROUP FOOTER. Thankfully they now show in the subreport, the problem i know have is this...

My subreport is an invoice. Each for on the invoice has different details on. When i put my labels in the GROUP HEADER it shows on EVERY SINGLE ROW of records in the invoice.

I only want one label at the top to define each column, The all the rows are independent of their own data. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
One way is to put the labels on the main report above the subreport. It may take some minor adjusting to get them lined up properly but I've done that in the past.

joner89

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Bob, ive done it that way and it works now. Got another problem tho haha. The results of my invoice are duplicating. For example. If the results contain 2 rows then it shows all of the detail section of my report twice, 3 rows then 3 times. I just want it to show one data set!

Thanks for being so helpful!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Make sure that the subreport has the correct master/child links and that the main report doesn't have any of the tables that the subreport has in its record source and the subreport doesn't have any of the tables from the main report in its record source (other than lookup tables for displaying descriptions - that goes for both ways).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom