Will this ever end (1 Viewer)

Allisean05

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
Ok, to those who know me on here. THank you for all your suggestions on how to handle my project. I was told I had till about Mid Sept to finish it and to work on another project. Guess what I was told this is more important.

Ok, here is my problem.

I am going to upload my database here and ask for major help. I have found out we have a $100 budget for me to use to get someone to either do it for us or whatever as long as it gets done ASAP.

1) I need when Book Plates gets checked - it locks and greys out 3 boxes
a. Name
b. Additional
c. Wording

2) When a record gets created, it needs to end an email to everyone on an elist to let them know to check it out.

3) When a record gets changed, it sends an email to the same elist to let them know of a change and there are check marks besides some peoples names. Those need to uncheck if the person has already checked the box off saying they completed it.

Can some one please help me?

Thank you,
Sean

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:08
The first part is easy. Look into Access's help for Enabled and Locked property. I usually just disable the "Enabled" property so the control will show up as gray (though it does not actually lock the data and can be changed by other means, but not by user themselves).

Second part will be a bit tricky. Search the forum on SendObject and emailing from Access to accomplish this. You may want to create a custom function to handle the emailing so it can be shared for both new and edited records. The part about checking off when they've checked the new record... if they were going to have to open Access front end to read the record, you could use that event to check that they've viewed the record already.

Allisean05

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
That is my issue

I am such a noob at this, I do not know the terminology when it comes to this. Everything I have done thus far I have learned on my own, and I do not even think I did it correctly.

That is why I am posting for someone to either IM with me and help walk me through it or do it and get paid so I can do it the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom