Will Trump Be President by Nov. 20th? (1 Viewer)

Will Trump Be President by Nov. 20th?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Won't be resolved by then

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:55
The press sold out LONG ago...every network has it's own swerve.

Denzel Washington summed it up perfectly:

"If you dont read the news, you're uninformed. If you read the news, you're misinformed. "

To hell with it all...
The masthead for the Washington Post has the words: "Democracy Dies in Darkness". The Post embellished the "Darkness" and misinforms the public. Democracy is dying.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:55
The masthead for the Washington Post has the words: "Democracy Dies in Darkness". The Post embellished the "Darkness" and misinforms the public. Democracy is dying.
I agree.

The worst of it is the WAY it is dying.

It's one thing for a guy with a machine gun to take over and democracy dies. Then at least we all know where we stand. We know the thing has happened by force, and we know what the solution(s) might be.

It's quite another for the thing to happen by way of what appears to continue to be the universally agreed-upon "process". "Hey, this is legit - after all, people are voting for us".

When in reality, either 1 or a mixture of the following 2 things are happening:
  1. People are voting for you, but only because of a gigantic collusion of limited information and exclusionary approach by the media, whereby, it renders you in a state of agreement that you'd never be in if you knew ALL the truth.
  2. Votes are quite possibly being counted wrong, intentionally.
That's the worst because most people won't stand up and do anything. They'll think: "Well, I guess the majority has spoken. Nothing else to do".

Very, very dangerous ... and hard to combat.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The worst of it is the WAY it is dying.
We are living in a world of positive "feedback" mass hysteria that keeps feeding on itself. (worse than a shark's feeding frenzy) I've equated this mass hysteria with the French Revolution's "Reign of Terror". Comparisons can also be made the Russia's Bolshevik Revolution, and China's Cultural Revolution. The Khmer Rouge, Taliban, and ISIS fit in also. Rationale discussion any of the leaders of a movement based on mass hysteria will simply bring you a form of "death" (if you are lucky, Gulags and Re-education camps). Rationality no longer exists. Enemy's of the State have no rights.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
well there is a big diff between violence and disagreement.
i suppose the problem comes in defining violence. as we know libs have re-defined that, as well as "racism", "aggression", "complicity", and a boatload of other buzzwords.

in 25 years, i wonder if i will look back on all this as an aberration which passed and went back to normal. or if everything will have really changed.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
well there is a big diff between violence and disagreement.
Those on the "left" believe it is justifiable to conduct a "preemptive" (violent) strike on those they do not agree with as a matter of self-defense. As such that is not considered violence by those on the "left".

Quote below from Hayden Williams: I was assaulted at Berkeley because I'm conservative. Free speech is under attack.
"Increasingly, leftists believe they are justified to respond to ideas disagreeable to them with open hostility and even force. Students are commonly told now that words are literally violent and can be responded to with physical force. I don't mean verbal threats of violence or efforts to intimidate, I mean words that express ideas that the listener finds offensive or disagrees with."

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Those on the "left" believe it is justifiable to conduct a "preemptive" (violent) strike on those they do not agree with as a matter of self-defense. As such that is not considered violence by those on the "left".

I was originally meaning to reply to N.G. by essentially saying hey, GWB was trying to get his hands around violent extremists, and that's more "ok".
In that context, I was suggesting that what he did back then was closer to justified, but the current scenario around silencing and punishing conservatives isn't justified because there's a big difference between "my enemy because they want to blow me up" and "my enemy because we strongly disagree on political topics"

But I forgot for a moment that it is worse than even that - not ONLY is violence been redefined, but now the left openly engages in ACTUAL violence and it's considered OK - or at worst, deserving of understanding and sympathy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The media actively suppresses reporting on violence that doesn't fit their narrative. They are now cutting away from Trump so they can give viewers their OPINION of what he was saying rather than allowing him to be heard directly. If the media can get away with suppressing the speech of the president, what hope is left?

Ben Franklin's quote keeps coming to mind this week. When asked what had been created by the Continental Congress, his response was:

"A Republic if you can keep it"

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
If he would stop rambling and repeating his senile self, maybe they would stay on him.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
There was a time when I was absolutly SURE I knew what was going on. After the last two elections, two things are abundantly clear:
1. There is some dirty dealing going on...no matter what side you're on
2. I have NO clue what they are because I am not in the club.

Going back to sleep...watching the granddaughter today and if I hear Baby Shark one more time...:sick:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
@NauticalGent
We all have our demons
Barney_the_Dinosaur.png

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The media actively suppresses reporting on violence that doesn't fit their narrative. They are now cutting away from Trump so they can give viewers their OPINION of what he was saying rather than allowing him to be heard directly. If the media can get away with suppressing the speech of the president, what hope is left?

Ben Franklin's quote keeps coming to mind this week. When asked what had been created by the Continental Congress, his response was:

"A Republic if you can keep it"
I know, it's like - what are you afraid of, can't show the speech itself and let us decide?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
If he would stop rambling and repeating his senile self, maybe they would stay on him.
I love the way he talks like a normal person. As far as senile, no comment even needed on that aspect. The guy does more in a day than I could do when I was 20.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Breaking News: The Pandemic is Officially Over!

1604773792979.png

In other news: you still can't go to church :p

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I love the way he talks like a normal person. As far as senile, no comment even needed on that aspect. The guy does more in a day than I could do when I was 20.
You couldn't play golf and watch TV when you were 20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom