Windows 10 - Access 365 not working from shortcut (1 Viewer)

GUIDO22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:43
I have installed a copy of the Front End for my 'split' database on a brand new Windows 10 laptop connected to our LAN. After I have run it for the first time, I note a record locking file remains and the operating system will not let me physically delete it : saying that Access is still using it... despite Task Manager suggesting Access is no longer running.

I have also created a desktop shortcut to run the DB from the desktop - but this does nothing.. the only way seems to be to load Access application first and select the file from the MRU list...

Any ideas why this bizarre situation is playing out ...?

Thanks in advance

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
typically it will be due to typo's or wrong paths (for the shortcut)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
How did you create the shortcut?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Try create shortcut in the folder and copy to destop manually.?
Just offering what I would try TBH

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:43
I have installed a copy of the Front End for my 'split' database on a brand new Windows 10 laptop connected to our LAN. After I have run it for the first time, I note a record locking file remains and the operating system will not let me physically delete it : saying that Access is still using it... despite Task Manager suggesting Access is no longer running.

Try using the linked table manager to temporarily break the link between the front end and the tables, then try to delete the offending lock file.

Sometimes opening and closing the front end will cause it to close on its own.

Good luck,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom