Windows Image Edit Folder Option (1 Viewer)

james_IT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
Hi Guys

Just a quick question. I lost MS Paint. When i got it back the Edit option (in the menu when right clicking on an image file) would not work. It says its not associated with a program. Does anyone know how to change it back? It says something about folder options control panel but i cant see what it means in the folder options in control panel.

thanks

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 01:51
I think you should de-install MS Paint first and then reinstall it.
In XP , go to >settings > software > add/delete windows parts> desk accessoiries> details > desk accessoiries> details> and de-install Paint.

Restart computer and install it again thru the same procedure.

Hth

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:51
Rak suggestion should work but an easier way is to either hold down shift and right click on the file and select open with.. then select MS paint (tick the always open with if you want to).

Or you can go into explorer > tools > folder options > file types select the file type of the image file click change > select from list.

james_IT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
anyone know where i can download the original windows paint from i think mine is a different version. Also what do you mean in xp go to settings? do you mean add/remove programs control panel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom