workgroup security - bothers my deployment (1 Viewer)

giovi2002

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:21
I've designed an access ade file (based on sql server) and distributed it at the network.

Somebody else has made another database (mdb) and placed the users in a access workgroup file by placing their windows logons into the workgroup file. These users happen to be the same users accessing my application. The following thing is happening : "when the users open my database they are prompted their user names and password of the workgroup file'.

I placed an empty database and the same thing is happening, the workgroup security is active alongside every database deployed to this specific user group.

How can I easily 'tell my database' it shouldn't make use of the workgroup security?

(It's odd that an ade which isn't able to use workgroup security prompts users by using workgroup security)

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:21
That somebody else person has joined their computers to his/her custom workgroup [which is wrong to do]. You need to rejoin thier PCs to the default System.mdw file. They will need a custom shortcut to open that other secured database. The target value of the custom shortcut will need to point the users computer to correct msaccess.exe file and also the workgroup file that has secured the other db. Search around the forum if you need examples on how to rejoin a computer and how to create a custom shortcut to open a secured db.

giovi2002

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:21
Thanks hudson.
With some help I found a solution to work around the login screen, I used a shortcut, but this time I explicitly mentioned msaccess.exe .

Now he automatically logins with the following shortcut (somebody who reads this should replce the my stuff).

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "G:\Myfolder\myapp.ade" /runtime /user "My name" /pwd "my pass"

I think it's best like you say to rejoin so users using the specific workgroup app wouldn't be bothered when using other .

We found there's also an extention /wrkgrp to point to a specific workgroup.

(by the way: the runtime option is added to prevent a useless database is being locked screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom