Would you trust a high military (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with Matt Gaets

• Total voters

baderms

Local time
Today, 02:45
Matt Gaets (R-Fla.) solution to the military recruitment and retainment crisis is to eliminate marijuana testing when enlisting or receiving a commission. According to The Hill, he states he doesn't believe prior use of cannabis should exclude Americans from enlisting, that we should embrace them for stepping up to serve our country.

Mike Krailo

Local time
No I don't want active pot/cocaine/narcotics user's in the military, but Matt is right. Past use should not disqualify someone to serve as long as they agree to regular testing and a commitment to refrain from using it going forward. Many employers drug test their employee's for the same reason and use the tests to prevent hiring active drug users or fire one's that don't think it matters to the company. Now if they are current users and cannot pass a drug test, then they are not ready for a serious commitment yet. I don't know how far back the drug tests go in finding past usage but they should be able to pass the tests prior to entry, and submit to regular checks while in service until they can prove they can be trusted at the very least to take care of themselves. That's my opinion anyways.

Used to be a lot more smokers and now we have the vapers. No where near as many smokers as their used to be. Smoking and PT just don't go together very well.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:45
Certain of the cannabis-derived products now on the market do not have the same effect as outright smoking of MJ. I think the verdict is out on deleterious effects of those products. Not that I advocate their use - because I really don't. But I'm saying I don't know about addiction and other effects well enough to know whether they are about like energy drinks or if they are something worse. And energy drinks are pretty common among some military while on duty.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't want mellow soldiers.

What I do want is everyone who was in the West Wing between sweeps to be tested for cocaine YESTERDAY! It was probably Hunter. I would hope that no one who works there is that stupid.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
I agree with the premise, and the key is "prior" use. I know they already actively test for drugs and I don't think that changes with his proposal.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
What I do want is everyone who was in the West Wing between sweeps to be tested for cocaine YESTERDAY! It was probably Hunter.
1688668163435.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They would move heaven and earth if they thought they would catch a Republican. Since they know they will catch a Democrat, they don't care (there's that pesky two-tiered justice again) and why isn't the White House - the employer - doing a drug test to try to find the culpret. We do not want that person working in the White House. If it was Hunter, too bad, he broke probation, send him to jail.

Mike Krailo

Local time
As soon as that WH cocaine story came out, I said check for finger prints. How hard can it be?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Hopefully, they don't pin the coke on some service worker in order to spare the embarrassment.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
They're not even going to bother to look. They've told us that. They don't want to find the culpret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom