Write Conflict Error is MS Access 2003 (1 Viewer)

gazsharpe101

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:35
Hi everyone,

I am doing some work on my company's database. It is a MS Access 2003 front-end with an SQL back-end.

Recently, I have asked the database administrator to add some new fields to an existing table and two of them are yes/no fields. When I have tried to update these fields, it comes up with a 'Write Conflict' error message and I can only choose 'Copy to clipboard' or 'Drop changes'. But either way, my changes do not get saved.

I have found that the error occurs when I refresh the table links to add the new fields and then try to save over just the old fields and not even trying to add anything into the new fields. Two of the fields are yes/no but they have a default value of 0 and I'm not sure what is causing my error. I read that it may be due to these yes/no fields having no default values so I thought I would mention it incase anyone may have suggested that to be the reason for my error message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Gareth.

neoartz237

Tensai
Local time
Yesterday, 23:35
This behavior occurs when you open two forms that update the same data source at the same time. The first form puts an edit lock on the record or records, and then the second form changes the record or records and saves the changes. When the first form tries to close and write back to the table, the changes that were made by the second form are detected. This causes the error to be returned.

You can set the RecordLocks property of the form to Edited Record. To do so, Open the form in Design View the on the Properties' Data tab, then set the RecordLocks to Edited Record.

That should fix it me thinks

gazsharpe101

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response. I have tried that and it still shows up with the error message is there anything else that it could possibly be?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
This is a known issue with Access linked to SQl tables that contain Check boxes.

There where several post about this very problem last year.

So it may be worthwhile searching the site for say SQL check box access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom