Write conflict error when changing a value to something else then back again (1 Viewer)

HairyArse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
I'm developing a database and at the moment I'm the only person using it.

I have a bound form with various text boxes on it. If I change the value of any of the text boxes and close the form the updated values are saved.

If I change the value of any of the text boxes, but then change it back to the original value and then close the form I get a write conflict error. This happens with every single control on the form. Is this a known access error and is there any way to resolve it?

HairyArse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
I take it this is not a common occurence and must be something unique to my database then?

I've decompiled my database and it still occurs. I should also add that my front end MDB is connected to a MySQL back-end.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 02:08
I need to be real clear on the specific sequence of steps required to trigger the write conflict.

Are you saying you:

1. Dirty the record
2. Write a value into a control
3. Move off to other control (the record is still dirty)
4. Return back to the control and change it again.
5. Save the record.

OR

1. Dirty the record
2. Change the value
3. Move to other record (and implicitly saving the record)
4. Return to same record and change the value.

Next, your form is bound to what? A linked table? A query based on the linked table? A MySQL view? (it'd appear as a linked table but a linked view can be different from the linked table)

When you open the linked table that your form is based (even if it is using a query or view) in Design View in Access (it'll tell you that you can't make design changes but that's OK - we just want to read how Access is interpreting the table design). Does it have a primary key identified? Is that the correct primary key? Is it an autoincrement?

Finally, can you do a SHOW CREATE TABLE so we can get the DDL of the table? Does the data types of the table match up with what you see in the Access design view of the same table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom