Solved Write Conflict - On Bound Subform (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Today, 12:54
Hi,

I am facing trouble of Write Conflict on my bound sub-form. (Main form is unbound)

I have added one additional field on Server tbl called 'Verified" (Data type Bit) and on the sub-form placed a check mark.

Before adding this checkmark, it was running smoothly. I could add rec, del and edit as well. But I just added this check mark to Sub-form and it started producing the subjected error.

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance...

Ashfaque

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:24
Hi. Try not to update the table and the form at the same time using code. If you execute code to update the table, make sure the form is not dirty.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
There is no code or query for the sub-form. It is bound with table T_EmpOTFooter. It recordset type is Dynaset.

Do you think Dirty=False should be set on sub-form event?

Attachments

• Write Conflict.jpg
    Write Conflict.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 173

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
:LOL: really don't understand behavior of SQL server.....When I open actual SQL server tbl and check marked directly Or unchecked record..it accepted.
The same thing I was trying to do it thru Access form it was NOT accepting. Strange behavior.

Then I tried entering new record thru Access form...and made check marked or unmarked, it accepted.
Strange.....

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:24
For connection to Access, the bit column must be NOT NULL and have a Default Value.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
You are correct Galaxiom, I tried that way and it worked. Hopefully it will go ahead smoothly.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom