XP Office Developer, Tables & Backups (1 Viewer)

Sorrells

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:36
Greetings!

I felt most comfortable posting this question here, the more focused forums are seldom visited.

I have MS Office XP Developer :confused: and just created my first Run-time CD. I took it and installed it on another PC then took a look at it.

I could see both the program and data databases where they should be but as expected, I could not see any of the objects within them. I was afraid of that.

And of course the Manual that comes with this multi-hundred dollar package has no index and best as I can thumb, no concern about how the poor folks who get deployed are going to backup their tables, compact their dBs, etc.

I think I can work out all but the backup aspect. I was hoping that the tables would be available but you can't even see them.

My plan was to add in a dB under a subdirectory \backup that would hold the important data tables for later import if needed. I did not want to get too elaborate however with a lot of code. Seems like Bill's Boys have provide no options so I wondered if any of you good folk have grappled with this problem and came up with a good solution that you would share! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom