Yet another Coding question (1 Viewer)

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:41
I have several forms which have an OLE for the users to insert a Word document for a narrative, or for that matter, any other object they choose.

I have been having this problem; the user types in a narrative, then exits the field. After reviewing their narrative, they decide to edit it. So, they double click on it, and bring up the INSERT OBJECT splash screen. If they have chosen not to read the manual I wrote, then they choose an object and then OK, which removes the existing document, and inserts a new one. Then I get a panic-call asking if I can recover their data.

I would like to have a warning message box appear before they get to that point. When they enter the field, if there is existing data, then I would like a warning to appear. If it is empty, then they would not need the message box. I cannot get this to work.

ON ENTER
If Narrative Is Null Then MsgBox "Danger Will Robinson"

It is not recognizing the If portion and I am not sure why.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter Paul

AlanS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:41
Try:

If IsNull(Narrative) Then ...

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:41
I have them typing into Word because of the processing tools it allows them to use. The end users are writing law enforcement reports which usually require a detailed report to document. Most of the users have Word skills, and utilize the tools in the program.

Peter Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom