Your network access was interrupted. To continue close the database and then open it (1 Viewer)

DBinPhilly

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:00
We have a network with about 12 users. We have no server, but are using a NAS as our file source. We have the data in a back end database on the NAS, and each user has a version of the programming on a front end copy on his own workstation.

Several of the users are getting the above message. A couple say they get it several times a day, others never get it. Our systems are a mixed bag of Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and XP. We are running MS Access 2010.

The error message does not hit everyone, and it appears to be a random event, nothing specific.

Any ideas?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:00
Do you have Wireless links on your network?

DBinPhilly

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:00
We have wireless capability for users who bring their laptops. The workstations on the LAN are wired.

But the WIFI is always available. Have a couple WIFI printers, come to that.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Access won't work over wifi...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Yes... I see...

Could anything else be causing the connection to drop out?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
In this Thread:

Xanblax replied on April 16, 2013See post history
Close
Yesterday I faced this same problem, and I was not able to find anything useful in the Internet. I got it SOLVED! so I write here to share my case and solution:
The reason why I was getting this misleading error message was THE USER running my application: My application is a SERVICE, so user is not the one logged on the computer, but, according to the task manager, user is SYSTEM.
My service is written in Java, and it was trying to connect to a MS Access 2007 .accdb database, getting the error message "Your network access was interrupted. To continue close the database and then open it again".
If I run my service changing "log on as" from "local system account" to "this account" and I enter the user & password used to log on Windows, the problem disappears! As you see, it has nothing to do with closing database and opening it again, and it has nothing to do with network access interruption. An ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED (0x5) would have been much much clearer... ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom