Database help? (1 Viewer)

Rare87GT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:31
Anyone get on AIM much or anything? I have a big project for Access and I am having trouble. Going to see if someone could give me some help on it. Thank you.

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:31
Perhaps you can post some general info on your database so we can see if we can help.

Rare87GT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:31
I just want to get started on this project. I have to have a minimum of 5 significant tables. A significant table has more than 2 attributes/columns. My plans are definitely to have a car kind of database. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

All tables will be normalized to at least third normal form to prevent update anomalies. All attributes must have captions and descriptions in the table design form. Use predefined input masks where appropriate e.g. phone numbers, social security numbers, postal codes, etc.

Include at least 2 user defined input masks that you create e.g. an input mask to insure the letters in a state code are all capatilized. There will be at least 2 lookup tables. Lookups can be done using one or more of the 5 significant tables or you can create a table just used for looking up values (eg State Code Lookup table) that will be entered in other tables in your database.

All primary key fields will be required entries.
Non key fields containing the min. essential data to make each record meaningful will be required entries.

All initial entry tables will have validation criteria included to insure the quality, accuracy, and correct format of the data.

Let me know if you can help me out at all. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom